Hawkins International Public Relations is a recognized leader and global player in public relations, communications, and digital strategy for luxury travel, hospitality and lifestyle brands. Boutique in size, boundless in experience, we have grown a global portfolio of clients ranging from iconic independent properties, to major hospitality groups, while developing enviable connections and maintaining rewarding relationships across print, broadcast, and digital media, as well as within the industries we service.
We are looking to hire a seasoned PR professional who is passionate about storytelling, as well as developing original, compelling content for clients, to fulfill the role of a Senior Account Executive.
Senior Account Executives have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, are highly organized, have a proactive attitude, take initiative, and have the ability to manage workloads effectively across a variety of client accounts. With a good understanding of social marketing, along with solid traditional media relations experience, SAEs are responsible for reviewing monthly reports, travel arrangements, maintenance of client lists, and office administration issues, as well as the duties listed below.
- Manage and oversee AE, AAE and ACs, by delegating responsibilities, encouraging development and providing education
- Spearhead PR campaigns for each client and ensuring annual PR objectives are reached/surpassed
- Cultivate relationships with senior level national, regional and online media, as well as freelancers and influencers
- Identify industry trends and build creative and strategic pitches to support them
- Provide strategic counsel to clients as an authority to PR-related matters, corresponding as the day-to-day contact (for press visits, requests, queries, etc.) and leading regular PR conference calls
- Execute and manage PR initiatives including PR plans and strategy documents, press trips, media events, appointments, as well as edit press releases/pitches, build distribution lists, review PR reports, etc.
- Provide social media strategy and ideas for clients, “upselling” HIPR’s Digital capabilities
- Provide Thought Leadership strategy and ideas for clients
- Ensure that all HIPR PR activities relate back to clients’ overall marketing plans
- Assist with new business RFP’s and proposals
- Lead inter-office initiatives including peer-to-peer training, various committees including social and philanthropy, and other projects as needed
- Be current about news and events surrounding client business (and their competition): read news outlets; know what is happening in their business landscape
- Write well structured, persuasive copy; be skilled in writing in a range of styles, including news releases, case studies, status report, articles and proposals
- Liaise with press and develop proactive approaches to media contacts, across the travel and lifestyle sectors, responsible for dealing with day to day press inquiries, maximizing opportunities, etc.
- Continuously look at value added solutions, developing new ideas and solutions
- Build and develop strong relationships with day to day client contacts
- Proactively pitch across a broad range of media, including social media channels and platforms
- Have a keen interest in current affairs
- Be passionate about working with innovative companies who are making a difference around the world
- Develop media relations strategies, goals, media targets and pitch angles that require minimal input from senior team leadership
- Persuasively pitch media and secure high-profile coverage for clients
- Develop and manage timelines and weekly action plans to ensure all deadlines on client programs are met
- Develop and execute influencer programs
- Anticipate and proactively offer solutions to senior team leadership for executional issues specific to assigned programs
Candidate Experience Should Include:
- 4+ years of public relations experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Working in and/or with large, marketing-oriented companies
- Familiarity with social media and digital campaigns
- Excellent communication/presentation skills; verbal and written
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field
- Passion for travel and hospitality